Doctors might describe urticaria as either:
- acute urticaria, if the rash gets rid of totally within six weeks
- chronic urticaria, in rarer cases, where the breakout persists or reoccurs for greater than 6 weeks, commonly over many years
A rarer kind of urticaria, called urticaria vasculitis, can cause blood vessels inside the skin to become swollen. In these instances, the bumps last much longer than 24 hours, are more unpleasant, as well as can leave a contusion.
When to look for medical advice?
Visit your GP if your signs and symptoms do not disappear within two days. You should also call your General Practitioner if your signs are:
- Disrupting day-to-day tasks
- Causing distress
- Occurring alongside other signs.
What’s causes urticaria?
Acute itching of hives [อาการ ผื่น ลมพิษ, which is he term in Thai], also called short-term urticaria, is a usual problem, approximated to influence around 1in five people eventually in their lives.
Kids are usually impacted by the condition, as well as women aged 30-60, and people with a history of allergies.
What causes urticaria?
Urticaria happens when a trigger creates high levels of histamine as well as other chemical carriers to be released in the skin. These compounds trigger the capillary in the afflicted area of skin to open, usually leading to soreness or pinkness, and become dripping. This extra fluid in the tissues causes swelling as well as irritation.
Histamine is released for lots of reasons, consisting of:
- An allergy, such as a food allergy or a response to an insect bite or sting
- Heat or cold direct exposure
- Infection, such as cold
- Particular medications, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, or NSAIDs, or anti-biotics
- Nonetheless, in many cases of urticaria, no apparent cause can be discovered
Some cases of long-term urticaria might be caused by the immune system erroneously striking healthy tissue. Nonetheless, this is difficult to diagnose as well as the therapy options are the same.
Particular triggers may likewise make the signs and symptoms worse. These include:
- Alcohol consumption caffeine or alcohol
- Cozy temperature
- Emotional tension